Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A new Journey is beginning

I have been away a very long time.   I am not at my goal weight, but I am here. 2014 changed my life as I know it.  March 23 (my dad's birthday, and show me love date) Was that fateful day that I was told I had Leukemia.  It was like being punched in the face.  I knew I was sick, but this was bad.
2014 ended and I was so sure I closed the door on that chapter of my life,  I think I forgot to lock the door.  I have been doing fine.  Even went to Jamaica and lived my best life every day.
   Then Yesterday happened.   I went about my day, work  work and more work.   Mind you I  LOVE my job.   I was impatiently waiting for a specific email, and it never came.   Instead I got a call from the doctor.   I pushed him off, I was going to work.   But when he called I knew. AML is back.  It is back with a vengence and my only option is do nothing and get sicker and die by the end of the summer or go for transplant.   God is good and He has provided me with a 10/10 sibling bone marrow match.  I am grateful, but I am so scared.  All of the what ifs come to mind.   And what will happen to my sister.   I love her, and I need her to save my life.  
  I am going to do this my way.  I always do.
I had to call my mom, what a difficult call.   There are so many others I have to call.  An email is not the way to do it, but it may be the fastest and easiest way.   Get information to the masses.  Get people praying.  Get my support system back in the mode of support.
   I never wanted to do this again.  I am not good at depending on others.   God has humbled me before and not the time has come that I pull up my big girl pants and beat this thing again.

It's day 1 of the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I had no idea. I'm reading this at work (the only place I ever check on blogger any more) and I'm devastated. So sorry to hear!
    You proved to yourself that you could beat it before, and you'll beat it again.
    Sending prayers and positive energy!

    ReplyDelete