Sunday, May 17, 2015

Who is in control????

I few issues have come up today.  It is frustrating that some folks think they can think for me.
First issues,  no techs between 10pm-8am.  Last time around I learned I can consolidate my overnight care.   RN's and PCT work 4 hour shifts for vitals and such but they are on opposite shifts so during sleep hours the come in every 2 hours.   How do you get rest?
   After last night I am exhausted, and with that Crabby/ Emotional Heather, my evil twin shows up. I do not like her very much.  So I ask that my care be consolidated.   RNs can come in and do what they need as decide together.  I know they need to be sure I am still alive (vitals) and they need to draw blood for counts.   They can come in AS AGREED UPON.   Once I explained this to the medical team they understood  where ai was coming from. I was not saying NO ONE can come in.  UGH.... Listen folks.

So at 3am  I woke from a very light sleep.  I had crazy restless legs and some long bone pain.   A little oxy later and I was able to sleep.   The doc on call decided to come in at 5:30 because my platelets were a 9 and I needed a transfusion.   He even wanted to turn on the light so I could sign consent.  With all the ambient light I was able to sign with the room lights off.  All platelets need to be washed for me. about a 90- 120 minute process.  Wake me at 5:30 so I expect platelets at 7-730.   Not at this place.  Hello 9am, you could have gotten consent at 7.  UGH

This floor has an RN who is deaf, there for she has interpreters.   I have expressed that I DO not want the interpreters in my room.   These folks are my coworkers and I do not want them to see me in an awkward, uncomfortable position.   I am not asking much.  I spoke directly to the RN about this and I thought she understood.  NOPE, in walks her interpreter the 2nd time the RN comes to my room.   I sent an email to the floor nurse manager and to the interpreting serves manager.  As a patient I have rights "Privacy while in the hospital and confidentiality of all information and records regarding your care."  If my coworkers are coming in, I do not think my information is being kept confidential.  I do not want them to know what is going on unless I tell them.   I am not asking to much.  I will file a complaint if this is not resolver tomorrow and my wishes are met.  I can refuse all care form her.

My nurse today is a little snotty.  I know I have high expectations to control my care.  I will do this MY way.  I am the one who will live or die.  If that is the case I will do it how I see fit.   I would have thought they all realized this about me last year.  

I am an easy patient if they leave me be, come during the day on the discussed schedule.   I have told them If they are needed I will find them or call.   Trust me if I need something they will know.  

Am I wrong?   I do not think so, I have to do this on my terms it is the ONLY way.  
I am keeping it real and keeping the faith!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment