Friday, May 15, 2015

Can you say bruise?

My first time around I beat AML my way.  I asked lots of questions and challenged my medical team to give me SOUND reasons for their decisions.   This time will be NO different.
I have tickets to see Kinky Boots on Saturday 5/16  My folks were coming to see the show and have a nice weekend together.   So I asked my oncologist, what is 24 hours?  He wanted to admit  me today. Really, I have to miss this show that I REALLY want to see.  it is 24 hours.    So I am seeing the show. :)  If I were feeling crappy then maybe I could agree with Jason, but I am still feeling great.  I am in disbelief that I have to do this all again, and this crappy disease is back.   I will fight I will win.

I am going to do this my way again.
I like being a part of the decision making team.   So, lets talk I say.
Yesterday, I had a few procedures  lined up a bone marrow biopsy, picc line placement, and an echocardiogram. The RN tried so hard to get an IV line so they can administer meds to make me comfortable for these skin puncturing procedures, but my veins were rebellious.  The PICC time suggested they do it unmedicated.   Hello, they must not know me.   I am in IR because I need mild sedation.  Someone came asked about an oral med.   We had never tried it, but I was willing.   It flipped the order of the pick and bmb, but we got it done.

I was glad to be in the decision process.  

My arm is a little sore and I have a wicked bruise.  My back is sore.  I can not see back there, my guess is I am bruised.    See that bruise?

 I am doing great, feeling good.  

1 comment:

  1. Hadn't logged on in a few days and see I missed a bunch of posts!
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete