Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It has been a long time....Am I going to be fat forever?


My name is Heather, I have been on this Journey since August 2011.    With the holidays behind us and today a day of resolutions I am resolving to get there. I have between 90 - 100 pounds to my goal.





It has been 2.5 years and I had lost nearly 100 pounds and gained about 46 of that back :(   I am now in the regroup phase.   My goal is an 80/20 method.  Make great choices 80% of the time.  This is real life, there will be parties, vacations, and dinners out and bad days and great days.

There will be diets to try and work out to get in.   This is real life and if it take 2 years then it takes 2 years.  1 pound a week.  12,000 steps a day.  Strength work outs to develop. New challenges to face.  it is a new year and I am not the same person I was in August 2011 when I saw that high number on the scale.  I am going to make it.  I can and I will.

I work out, but I don't do it with the zest I once had.   I eat right till after dinner and then the snacking begins. I do all the right things, just not all the time.   How do I get back on track.  Where is the energy, the I can do it attitude?   I feel so blah when I eat the wrong foods and that makes me want to just sit on the couch.

I have no one to blame but myself.   I did better when I had a team doing this with me.   I did better when all John and I talked about was eating right and working out.   I hated that all we talked about was that.  Now we talk about more stuff and have strayed from this journey.  I have a harder time saying no to temptation, and eating approprite portions even when I use a smaller plate.

Today is a new year and I am going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment