Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sprint 8

I have never been a fan of the treadmill.  We have had one in our home for as long as I can remember.   I do not like to use it, but it is great for cold days and rainy days.   After the fire in 2007 we replaced our treadmill with one that is much more sophisticated than the one we lost.  This one has a great program called sprint 8.  It is an interval program.  It changes speed and incline.   It is actually a great program.  I still prefer to walk outside, but it will do as winter is coming.  
   I was thinking about doing the couch to 5K program that many folks are doing these days, but again with bad weather coming I figured I would not be successful on that program.  Maybe I will give it a go this spring.   I remembered the sprint 8 program and made the decision to do it.   I started on Wednesday September 21 and did level 1.   I have been doing the sprint 8 program nearly everyday since I started.  On Sunday 10/16 I began level 5 and it was freaking hard.   I am thrilled to post that I did finish it and I was so proud of myself.   I had to slow the speed on my cool down, but today my third day at level 5 I did it all without feeling like I need to slow down.   I am so excited about this.   It is a huge accomplishment. I am sure I will be at level 5 for a while, it is still hard, but I will know when I am ready for 6.  
   The biggest looser challenge with Tiger is going ok.   Week one I was down Yeah!  Week 2 up 4 pounds.  Not sure why?   I did not like not knowing so  I  started a food journal.   Week 3 I was back down all I had gained and a little more.  We have $9 in the pot now with 5 weeks to go in this challenge.
   I have lost about 20 pounds since this journey began.   I had a long plateau, but I pushed through and did not let it get me down.   I worry about my friends who stated this with me back in August.  One  really has not been involved, one had major "slips" this past weekend, and the last is going strong, but is battling her own plateau.   John is working crazy hours and is doing what he can.  I think the long days and weeks are getting to him.   I do not like cooking for one!   I am ready for his work to go back to 9-5.
   I am doing great.  I feel good, I am happy and very proud of myself.  

1 comment:

  1. Most workouts and especially intense ones like Sprint 8 need a day of rest in-between. Since you did it daily - that might be why you had less results. The same thing applies to 'Couch to 5K' - it should only be done every other day.

    On the other days you are supposed to work different muscles. Running works the legs so work on your upper body on the other days.

    ReplyDelete