Friday, September 16, 2011

plateau #1

I believe I have hit my first plateau.   I am hovering around the same weight for 10 +days now.  It is plus or minus a pound or three.   I got out for a walk 3 times this weeks.  A walk must not be enough.   I keep thinking I want to do couch to 5 K but I keep finding reasons to not do it.  I think fear is the biggest reason.  I am not sure what I am actually afraid of-success.  I have tried walking programs, and after a week or so I just stop.  why keep doing this to myself?

This week I realized I do need a food journal.  I had talked about it in an email with my friends who or on the road to this lifestyle change with me.  I was thinking nah.   In those emails we talked about our food plans.  What we were eating at each meal including snacks.   I guess in a way it was my food journal.  I wrote to them every morning.  I mapped out the meal planning.  It was in black and white.  Lesson learned.  I must admit to journal it is the worst part of this lifestyle change.

It is not that I am not moving enough or not using a journal that I had a blah week.   I guess it felt more like a competition with the girls around. we all have a similar amount of weight to drop.  So with them it is more even.  Men lose faster traditionally, and John has a lot less to go than me.  He is a great encourager. Good and Bad!  I am so lucky he is here, my huge fail he sent the sweetest text.  he said "not a fail, just a slip for this meal" It ended as a slip day. I made cookies. I think there is just one left.

I need to figure out how to break the plateau.  A 3 day cinch cleanse?  greens and proteins?  time for some web research.  keep your fingers crossed for me!   I still have a lot to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment