Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Skinny rules day 1

I am giving Bob Harper's skinny rules another go.  I did the first week a few months ago and it was really very good.  I enjoyed most all the food and the rules were easy to follow. They have said so not start a "diet" on Monday.  After my Monday I think that is right.

I have 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas to complete this program. I know you are all thinking you want to be on an eating program at the most foodie time of the year.   That is my plan.  If I can drop even 5 pounds during this food month I will be thrilled.

How did day 1 go???  TOTAL FAIL!

1. drink a large glass of water before every meal--no excuses! easy
2. don't drink your calories yup
3. Eat protein at every meal--or stay hungry and grouchy pretty good
4. slash your intake of refined flours and grains FAIL with my lunch chocolate pastry and candy snack
5. Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber a day close
6. Eat apples and berries every single day. Every. Single. Day. picked them up last night. ready for day 2
7. No carbs after lunch FAIL
8. Learn to read food labels so you know what you are eating.  YES
9. Stop guessing about portion sizes and get it right--for good.I use a scale and measuring cups/spoons
10. No more added sweeteners, including artificial ones. I am good with this till I see candy
11. Get rid of those white potatoes.got it!
12. Make one day a week meatless. I think I can but it was not my day 1.  I need to remember this rule
13. Get rid of fast foods and fried foods.I do ok
14. Eat a real breakfast. for sure!
15. Make your own food and eat alt least ten meals a week at home. this is not a hard rule cheaper to eat home.
16. Banish high salt foods. I do ok
17. Eat your vegetables--just do it! 99% of the time
18. Go to bed hungry. a little harder for me
19. Sleep right. Got it
20. Plan one splurge meal a week. Will do!  I think it was last night.


My Day on Monday was ok.  It was a long day at work.  I got in a good run in the morning sprint 8 level 6.  The walking is what the running in week 1.  I have come so far with that part of my program. 
The end of the day...
I had some yummy wine and shared some chocolate covered nuts with John.

So here is to The Skinny Rules day 2 or day 1 take 2 :)   Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Funny how many of those I was doing already even before I knew about this. I really need to get on that no carbs after lunch thing. D.R. has been that way for years, but I love my carbs!
    I hardly ever eat apples or berries but I do often put them in my breakfast smoothies. I guess that counts.
    Best of luck on the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete